Q: Gear O-ring broken

The gear O-ring has given out, and I can't put the gearshift in place as usual. I just need the plastic ring to allow the shifter to move as needed.

Hello. Yes, in order for the shifter to move as needed you would need the plastic ring in the shifter cable. Unfortunately, the O-ring is not sold separate from the entire shifter cable. To fix this problem you would have to replace the entire shifter cable which extends from the shifter to the transmission. This service should be carried out by a certified technician.