Q: gas runt out at 1/2 gas of tank

I have 2003 C240 and replaced both fuel pump and fuel sending unit, But the car shuts off when half tank full of gas, I am really disappointed , both parts are OEM Bocsh, me and my mechanic are confued , The pump does not transfer any gas from driver dide to passenger dide.

A: When you get close to a half a tank and go ...

When you get close to a half a tank and go to refill the tank does the gas tank have a lot of vacuum on the gas gap when you remove it? The gas cap should not let a vacuum on the fuel tank and can cause the fuel transfer system to not work since the return fuel line from the engine causes the fuel to be siphoned from the other tank. Try and replace the fuel cap and see it this helps. If not, then check all the fuel lines to include the return lines to see if they are pinned or restricted. It is also possible that the issue is caused by a separate component. If you would like to have the stalling problem inspected, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location for a diagnosis of the car.