Q: Fuel regulator replaced now showing p0172 and p0170 codes to replace fuel regulator

asked by on March 04, 2018

Dealership said I had a bad fuel regulator. They took my vacuum off and capped it at the intake manifold. Today I replaced fuel regulator and new vacuum hose took the cap off , now I have a check engine light saying to replace my fuel regulator codes read p0172 and p0170. I had no check engine light on before this and car rang great. Both o2 sensors was replaced bout a week ago . What do I do? ☹️ This dealership has gave me hell. Plz help. And do you think the dealer messed with my air/fuel ratio?? I’m lost at this point.

The codes P0171 and Po172 can be caused by other sensors like the MAP sensor, BARO sensor or ECT ACT sensors and each sensor will need to be checked to see if one is out of specifications.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr