Q: Fuel pump relay issue. 2000 Buick LeSabre

asked by on March 05, 2017

I just replaced the fuel pump relay on my 2000 Buick LeSabre and it still won't turn over. I can hear the fuel pump turn on when the key is turned to the on position. And I'm fairly certain that it's the fuel pump relay because I had just driven it and while doing a stereo install I broke the existing one but after replacing with new, car still won't turn over. What the heck?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - the first rule of modifications is that when things stop working, you revert to the condition before the last change. In this case, remove power to the new stereo components, recheck your fuel fuses and the pump relay, and get the car running again. Then you can undertake the power connection for the new stereo bits. For assistance, I recommend a car not starting inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.