Q: fuel leaking from engine

when i start my car there is a considerable amount of gas leaking from the back and passenger side of the engine. what could this be?

A: Fuel leaking from any location on the vehic...

Fuel leaking from any location on the vehicle is a fire hazard, especially in the hot engine bay. Fuel leaking in the engine bay can be coming from a number of locations and components, such as: any of the 6 fuel injectors, a broken/cracked fuel line, or leaking fuel pressure regulator.

The vehicle should not be driven and should be towed to your local certified technician as soon as possible.