Q: Q: Fuel gauge not working

The fuel gauge is not reading the gas I have in my car. It just stays on empty.

The engine control module would need to be scanned and the PID looked at, to see if the fuel sender is sending a proper signal to the powertrain control module, or the sender is open, causing the wrong reading. The sender in the fuel tank may have corrosion on the sensor, causing a bad reading. The system will need to be checked completely to see if a wire is not connected, or the sender is bad. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, run an inspection to determine whether the fuel gauge sender needs to be replaced.

3. Q: Fuel gauge not working