Q: Fuel door won't click shut

When I press it in, the fuel door won't “click” shut anymore. The other day I noticed that it was hanging open about 1 inch, like when you press in and then release to open. I can successfully press the door in and the part that keeps it shut presses in normally too. But it will not click and then pushes back out. What will solve this problem. Thanks.

The latch assembly that springs the door open is faulty internally. These can be removed and a new unit installed. Trim tools should be used to pry the fuel door latch unit out to prevent damage to the paint on your BMW 328xi. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the necessary tools and skill to diagnose and repair the fuel door latch without damaging the vehicle paint.