Q: My car wont unlock when i use my remote. There seems to be a functioning battery on my remote. When i click the buttons using my r

My car does not respond to the commands on my remote. Neither the lock nor the unlock button seems to trigger for my car. The last time i locked my car, i noticed the sound of the alarm turning off was faint. Is it the battery? Do i need to replace the car battery, or does it need a jump start? The last time i drove my car was a week ago. Its a 2014 honda civic.

Hello there. It is quite possible that your car battery is dead or the remote button is dead. The best way to determine this is to unlock your vehicle manually and attempt to start the car. If none of the accessories turn on (like your headlights or dashboard lights), the issue is the battery. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can pinpoint the source of your issues and recommend or make the appropriate repairs.

3. My car wont unlock when i use my remote. There seems to be a functioning battery on my remote. When i click the buttons using my r