Q: Front driver-side seat (part that you sit on) will not move forward or backwards; can you fix this issue?

When 2003 Tahoe started up, the powered front driver-side seat automatically moved forward and it is now not able to be adjusted forward or backwards. The powered seat (sit-down area) is stuck in one position. There was a mild smoldering (mild burning) smell when this happened. The seat is the driver-side front that driver sits on. The part of the seat that supports driver's back works fine. All other powered functions in Tahoe work fine.

From what you’ve described, your power seat has an electrical issue. There is separate control setting for each seat position. The power seat has motors that drive a track assembly to move forward or backward. The motors or related wiring could have failed causing this condition. This will require an inspection of the power seats system. Consider YourMechanic if you need assistance with getting this done.

3. Front driver-side seat (part that you sit on) will not move forward or backwards; can you fix this issue?