Q: Four-wheel drive service message appearing

The 4-wheel drive service message is appearing in the mileage display.

A: Hi there. The system uses the instrument cl...

Hi there. The system uses the instrument cluster module to alert issues with the 4WD system on you vehicle. The issues can be diagnosed by scanning your computer system to identify a possible problem. Your system may have a poor electrical connection at one or more connection points in the transfer case wiring harness. This means that the connection points would have to be checked before further diagnostics can be done. The connectors may be loose or have gotten corroded over time. I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the vehicle’s electrical issue.