It starts but will not go. It goes if it’s in second gear...

It starts but will not go. It goes if it’s in second gear. But very slow Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded? No they look fine Mechanic's Assis...

It starts but will not go. It goes if it’s in second gear. But very slow Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded? No they look fine Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2013 Ford fusion Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far? It just happened. I have no idea where to start Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? The light comes on that says the [engine](/topics-engine-ford/) is over heating. But there is fluid in it and it’s not smoking or smell hot

Automotive Expert
Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. Who am I helping today? I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to get the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, so sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day. - Have you checked the transaxle oil level, color, and odor for concerns? - Do you have a scan tool to see if there are codes stored? - Does reverse work correct?

I do not have any tools. It does go in reverseMy name is marlo
Automotive Expert
Welcome, Mario Are you planning to diagnose and repair yourself or take the vehicle to a shop to be repaired?

If we can fix it I would rather I have family who can help
Automotive Expert
Will your family be able to do the steps I mentioned prior?

What do u think it could be is it [transmission](/topics-transmission-ford/)
Automotive Expert
Yes, so far the concern does indicate there are transaxle issues.

can that be fixed
Automotive Expert
Yes, almost anything can be fixed. We just need to diagnose what's wrong.

Ok let's do that
Automotive Expert
Great, once you can do the things I asked prior, report back then, Mario

I paid 5 dollars to have to wait
Automotive Expert
I am not able to help you diagnose your vehicle and tell you what is wrong when you are not able to right now check the fluid and check for codes. I can provide an answer based on an educated guess without doing any diagnostics if you would rather.

please
Automotive Expert
My best-educated guess at this time will be a concern with: - The transmission range sensor reading incorrectly - Shift linkage out of adjustment - Low fluid level from a leak - Burnt clutches causing a pressure loss - Faulty valve body, sticking valves, or leaking separator plate gasket - Faulty solenoids, electrically not working or mechanically sticking - Wiring concern to the transaxle, causing loss of signal orresistance Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose

Please remove me from this site
Automotive Expert
I do not have that ability. You must email the website to do that. - - -
Automotive Expert
It's been a couple of days since you replied. I am going to mark your question complete for now. Reply as needed.