Q: Fixing a cradle

Alright so I have a question regarding labor. Generally how long would it take to replace the subframe "cradle" on my car in shop vs. doing it myself if I can.

A: Hello there. Replacing the subframe in your...

Hello there. Replacing the subframe in your 2003 Acura TL is a very extensive job. The subframe is not something that is normally replaced, unless it was damaged in a collision. If the subframe is damaged due to a collision, there are larger issues such as the damaged unibody frame.

Replacing the subframe requires supporting the engine, various suspension components, and the power steering rack. It is an extensive job. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect your vehicle and determine the best course of action at this point.