Q: Feels like my car has a hard time with sharp turns

When I turn the steering wheel sharply (like getting out of a tight parallel parking space) and drive forward holding the steering wheel in that tight turning position, the car shakes and the steering wheel wants to pull to the opposite side. I haven't heard any noises, but it feels like the axel is going to break. When I reach speeds of 70-80 mph, I can feel the car shakes more and I can see the headrests in the backseat shaking very noticeably.

Hello, thank you for writing in. To start lets address the sharp turns. When you crank the steering wheel all the way to one side, you are putting a tremendous amount of stress on the power steering system. With that being said, you may not have anything wrong with the system, but this may be how the vehicle acts when put under that much stress. You can check the power steering fluid level to make sure it is full. Low fluid would cause the pump to strain even more in these situations. The second issue may be unrelated Shaking while driving is most commonly caused by poor wheel balance, tires that are inflated improperly, or old tires. If you tires are filled correctly and in good condition, then you can turn to the suspension components for further testing. An inspection may be needed if you fear there is something more seriously wrong. Trust you gut, you know your vehicle’s driving patterns best. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Feels like my car has a hard time with sharp turns