Q: Fans working on 4th setting only

Fan working on highest setting only, no air blown out at settings 1 2 or 3

3. Fans working on 4th setting only

Q: There's a whining noise coming from the engine at idle and it goes away when you pull the oil dipstick out

If you are getting too high of suction in the crankcase what is happening is the engine is sucking in air through the crankcase ventilation hose in the air filter housing most likely due to an air filter that is...

Q: Fan only works on highest speed. 2008 Volkswagen Passat

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2008 Volkswagen Passat. If the blower motor resistor and connector are good, then the only other thing that can cause the problem is the blower control switch or connector. Check the resistor...

Q: HVAC Blower Motor Fan runs on high Speed all the time

This may be related to a faulty blower motor control module or resistor. The blower motor resistor controls the various speeds and functions of the blower motor once it is turned on. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic...