Q: Fan loose, water pump noise, truck heats quickly - 1992 Chevrolet C3500

I have a fan issue on my truck. It's become so loose that I'm able to move it back and forth. Also, I've noticed some unusual noise that seems to be coming from the area around the water pump. The truck heats up a bit quicker as well. What might be wrong?

This could be either the engine cooling fan clutch or the water pump. Since you mention faster warm-up, it may more likely be the fan clutch. A YourMechanic professional can help diagnose and replace either the cooling fan clutch or the water pump at your home or office.

3. Fan loose, water pump noise, truck heats quickly - 1992 Chevrolet C3500