Q: Can a P0108 code be caused by oil leaking onto the ignition wires 1998 Pontiac Bonneville

Ok I just replaced fuel pump and the car has been setting but before I parked it a battery exploded and got on the ignition wires. Now I have it running engine is in good shape good compression EXC. The light didn't come on imediatly. But it seems some what random did fix a couple of vacuum leaks and am able to clear the code for an amount of driving and time but it comes back on . So can leaking ignition wires cause this code if there is sufficient energy arcing to map sensor.

Hello. To answer your question, no, oil on the ignition wires will not typically cause this. The code you are getting if for a faulty MAP sensor. This sensor fails and causes this code to appear. It can also be caused by a vacuum leak as this sensor measures the amount of vacuum in the engine. It needs to be tested with a scan tool to see how it is reading. You may want to get some help diagnosing this, like from YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the check engine light is on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection

3. Can a P0108 code be caused by oil leaking onto the ignition wires 1998 Pontiac Bonneville