Q: Exploding sunroof problem, how does this happen?

I almost had a heart attack and crashed my 2013 Kia Optima last night. I heard a huge boom from the top of the car, I seriously thought someone had shot the car. Now, this car has 18,000 miles on it and I consider it to be pretty new. When I got home, though, I found that the whole sunroof had exploded and a few little pieces of glass managed to get into the car. I am so disappointed, what a dumb problem. I could have died over a sunroof! I never even use it! What can I do now? I don’t want this to ever, ever happen again!

That definitely sounds like a scary situation. This problem should be brought to the local dealer’s attention as soon as possible. There are many factors that may cause glass to shatter (e.g. impact, flexing, extreme temperature variances). Though this is happening to a very small percentage of Kia vehicles, your local dealer should be aware of the proper repair procedures.