Q: Exhaust manifold

I'm having trouble getting the exhaust manifold to line up with the bolts. What do I need to do?

Hello. Thank you for writing in. This procedure can be difficult to accomplish for several reasons. One, if you are not set up correctly, then you could be working against yourself. Make sure you have the exhaust manifold propped up with something that is taking the majority of the weight, and that is easy to maneuver so you can align everything. Secondly, make sure the bolts thread in perfectly without having the manifold in place. There may be an issue with the bolts or the threads. Thirdly, you may need to work with a heat source to heat up the manifold. Expansion can be your friend when it comes to a system that is normally hot when the vehicle is operating. For more help, you can contact our service department who will come to the location of the vehicle to assist you.