Q: Exhaust manifold

I have a 1998 ford ranger 2.5l I4 and I was wondering if I could use headers/exhaust manifolds from the previous generation ranger (93-97) with the 2.3l I4 seeing as how my 2.5l is just a bored out 2.3l from the previous generation with higher compression and weaker rods

The 2.3 L headers should fit the same, but the EGR system pipe may be different. You may want to also look up the header that comes on the Mustang. The change of the header may not help too much in the horsepower department for this engine but its worth a try. If you want a professional to come take a look at your car, a technician from YourMechanic can give your car an inspection and advise you on this modification.