Q: Engine will not start after minor overhaul of heads (cracked) and cam work.

engine burning a little oil some smoke on start up. Pulled heads we think one of the valve seals was letting oil by. Sent heads to be cleaned found out both had cracks. My son took the cam and had some work done on it. Reinstalled cam, heads, new oil pump, cap, rotor, water pump, timing chair. Everything reinstalled tdc correct and the rotor adjusted, put in battery it will crank but will not start, odor of gas from intake so we believe it is getting fuel, it just crank does not even sputter.

Since it is getting fuel, I would recommend checking to see if it is getting power from the ignition coil to the plug wires and work backward. If there is no power to the plug wires, try checking the coil itself to be sure it is getting power. If no power to the coil, try testing the ignition module to be sure it is putting out power to the coil. If you need assistance with these checks and the repair of this issue, consider YourMechanic. One of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose your starting issue firsthand and help you repair it as necessary. Best of luck.

• Engine will not start after minor overhaul of heads (cracked) and cam work.