Q: Q: Engine swap

Hi sir, I have got toyota chaser avante with 1g-fe engine. Can i swap 1g engine with 1NZ (to improve fuel economy). the avant is rear drive, should I change even gearbox? help me plz.

Hello. Due to the simple fact that the 1NZ is a front wheel drive engine, I would not recommend swapping it into that vehicle, as it is likely not compatible.

It may be possible to swap the 1NZ into that vehicle, however, this engine swap would likely require a lot of custom work that would not justify the cost, if the goal is fuel efficiency.

3. Q: Engine swap