Q: How do I replace the front turn signal, parking light or side marker bulb?

How do I replace the front turn signal, parking light or side marker bulb?

Your car uses the same bulb for the front turn signal, parking light and side marker. Like the rest of the lights on your car, these will eventually burn out and need to be replaced. Here’s how to install a new one:

1. You have to access both the driver and passenger side bulbs from the inside of the wheel wells.

2. Turn the wheels in the opposite direction. For instance, turn the wheels all the way to the right to access the driver side bulb, and all the way to the left to access the passenger side bulb.

• Locate the clips holding the inner fender liner in place and remove them.

• Pull the fender liner out so you can access the bulb housing. If you have a 1.8-liter engine, you’ll need to pull out the intake duct tube as well (on the driver side only).

• Turn the socket counterclockwise.

• Pull it out of the housing.

• Remove the old bulb.

• Install the new one.

• Check that the bulb is working.

• Replace the socket and bulb in the housing and lock in place.

• Replace the fender liner and clips.

• How do I replace the front turn signal, parking light or side marker bulb?