Q: Engine squeaks when car is on.

Engine is squeaking when started, idling, and driving. I am going on a long trip and need an overall inspection.

The noise you may be hearing is the belts need to be adjusted or one of the pulleys are going bad. The only way to tell would be to listen to it. If you are going on a long trip you could get a qualified mechanic to check the noise and see if one or all the belts need to be replaced or a pulley is going bad. The mechanic should also do a complete check for any other problems before you go on the trip.

3. Engine squeaks when car is on.