Q: Q: Engine misfire

So first I was getting a cylinder #8 misfire, I had a mechanic from this website come and replace my ignition coil for that cylinder thinking that would fix it but it did not. The engine only noticeably misfires when its a cold start and after it gets to operating tempurtature it smooths right out and rides perfectly. I have already had a compression test done as well and everything was perfect.

Hi there. I’m sorry that your ignition coil replacement didn’t resolve the misfiring issue on your Dodge Ram. Due to the fact that multiple ignition system components could be the source of the misfiring problem, it’s always a good idea to have an engine is misfiring inspection completed prior to making any further repairs.

3. Q: Engine misfire