Q: Engine making strange sound

It is making a sound that seems to be something with the engine.

A: The most common noise heard by owners of th...

The most common noise heard by owners of this car comes from the the water pump. The bushing in the pump starts wearing out, causing a rattling noise. The other problem could be the belt tensioner; the bearing will wear out in the belt tensioner pulley, and start making noise. This might be fixed by removing the drive belt, and rotating the tensioner and water pump by hand.

I would recommend having a mechanic come out and inspect the sound coming from your engine, then recommend the best path to repair.