Q: Engine damage

I bought truck under 90 days ago,in the time I have drove the truck it has not over heated,on the 72and day of driving it,the engined started running rough and wanting to die,at time when it was assessed by mechanic he said it had been overheated and it had piston damage, is it possibe the damage was done to the truck before it was bought and the signs just were not noticeable yet

It is certainly possible that the damage to the engine was done prior to you purchasing it. This does not necessarily mean that the people who sold it to you were aware that the issue was there. Sometimes things happen on automobiles all out of nowhere so I don’t necessarily think they tried to get one over on you. Something important to consider is whether you purchased the vehicle as is or with a warranty. If you purchased it with a warranty, you will want to go over your warranty coverage information to determine if your engine issue would be covered. If you purchased the vehicle as is, you might want to get a couple more opinions as to what the problem could be because the seller of the vehicle will likely not cover any damage that exists on a vehicle that was sold as is. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling problem in person to pinpoint the faults and determine what fixes may be needed.