Q: Engine chokes after fueling

The engine sputters and chokes shortly after fueling up. Also, on some occasions, I can't pump fuel for more than a second or two before the pump clicks off. I believe I need the charcoal filter replaced.

Hello. It is possible that you have a problem with the charcoal canister, but it sounds more like you have a problem with other parts of the EVAP system itself. The EVAP system helps control the emission system for your vehicle. While doing this, it monitors fuel output, fuel pressure, and how much pollutants come out of the car. It will also sense the pressure when you fill up the gas. I would recommend that you have a complete check of your EVAP system by a certified technician.