Q: Engine chirp chirp chrip

Ok this just started recently. It's not a crazy sporadic noise. Just a steady chirp from one bird. I can't locate it exactly. I dont know if it's the engine itself or the belt or a pully. When i start my car it my start then or later down the road when idle. Sometimes itll get loser when picking up speed then disappear. It comes and goes. But most noticeable when idle. I dont see any pully shaking or anything I replaced the hydro pully not to long ago.

Most likely the noise is coming from the drive belt. You can try to spray some wd40 on the belt and see if the noise goes away since the belt may be dried out. If the noise does not go away then you will need to have noise isolated to the pulleys or an accessory.

Hello So. In most cases, a constant ’chirp’ noise is caused by one of two items, a loose belt or pulley or a bearing that is faulty and wearing out. If the chirping noise progressively increases in pace as the vehicle accelerates, it is likely due to a damaged wheel bearing. However, if it is apparent while you idle, then it is likely a faulty belt or pulley. There are several on your Jeep Cherokee, so identifying the source of the noise should be the first step in correctly diagnosing this problem. A professional mobile mechanic can complete a car is making a noise inspection at your location to isolate the source of this noise.

3. Engine chirp chirp chrip