Q: Driver side front wheel locks up @ 20mph but will unlock after I reduce my speed.

For the past 2 weeks the driver's side front tire has been making a weird shimmy noise. Well got in it this morning and when I hit about 20mph the front wheel locks up on me.Like the brakes are locking up on it.Now when I get back under about 20mph it unlocked but can still sense that it's resisting. What could this be???

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. This is most likely either a dragging brake rotor, which can happen when the caliper piston gets hung up and pushes the brake pads against the rotor, or potentially a wheel bearing that has partially seized up. It can be very dangerous to drive in these conditions. I recommend having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.

3. Driver side front wheel locks up @ 20mph but will unlock after I reduce my speed.