Q: Driver's side noise on a Subaru

High-mileage Subaru 2.5 L. It sounds like a sawing machine coming from the driver's side. Time for the valve adjustment?

A: I imagine it would be. The thing about Suba...

I imagine it would be. The thing about Subarus is that they are pretty small tolerance engines. The box design of Volkswagen and Porsche, it's kind of a dinosaur design but it puts out a reasonable amount of power. Start by having the valves adjusted and pray that it's not something like the rod bearings going out or something that is going to cost you a fortune. You can have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your car noise to verify the faulty component.