Q: Drive light turns off at speed over 100 mph

When I'm driving at high speed, and reach over 100 mph, the drive light on the automatic transmission would turn off. At that point, the car would jump slightly. After several seconds, the drive light would turn on. I've had the computer diagnostics done and this hasn't shown ay problems at all. The mechanic had the speed sensor and air flow sensor replaced. Also, the ATF has been drained and replaced. I still experience the same issue. Do you have any suggestions?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Mazda3 Sport. I think you may be feeling the transmission shift out of and back into high gear. It’s also possible that you are feeling the torque convertor clutch disengage and re-engage. The bump might be more noticeable than it usually is due to the higher rpm and high speed that you are driving. If you want to have this checked by a certified mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your shifting problem.