Q: Door jamb switch

dome light only works when turned on in truck Are there close contact sensors in door? Do not see the plunger type actuator.

Hello. Your model of vehicle does use a plunger type door switch, however it is located in the door latch mechanism, inside of the door. Accessing the switch requires removal and disassembly of the door panel. If the switch is bad or stuck then it may be causing your light to malfunction. Also keep in mind that similar symptoms can be caused by wiring, or other electrical issues. Another possibility is that the switch is simply jammed and needs to be cleaned or lubricated. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing the issue.

3. Door jamb switch