Q: Does jacking up a car in one corner damage the chassis or sway bars.

Will jacking up my 2017 GTI on the rear right with a hydrolic jack damage the sway bar or the chassis, or any other component?

If you use ONLY the jack, and support points, specified in the Factory Service Manual (FSM), no damage will occur. These contact points might also be specified in your owner’s manual and shown there in illustrations. Please note that if you jack a car up using a hydraulic jack such jacks can fail at any time, even if brand new, and with no warning. Consequently, after you jack a car up, you MUST place fixed steel safety stands under the frame (again, see FSM), also known as jack stands, of the appropriate weight rating (2 tons, 3 tons, etc.) to safely work on your car. If you have further questions or want to schedule a repair, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• Does jacking up a car in one corner damage the chassis or sway bars.