Q: Does blocking heater horses causes overheating?

I realized that water was leaking somewhere under the dash on the passenger mats so I assumed it was coming from the heater horses and it was causing the temperature to rise on the dash.I opened the bonnet and blocked the horses then it stopped but now the water is not circulating and the car is overheating.Does blocking water from circulating on the heater horses causes overheating on the engine?

Hello. If the heater hoses are an integral part of the cooling system, as is the case with most vehicles, then blocking them off can indeed result in engine overheating. Blocking off hoses that are a part of the cooling system can prevent flow, which can quickly lead to overheating, and serious engine damage. Depending on the cooling system setup, some heater hoses can be bypassed, which will cut off flow to the heater core, but still allow flow through the system.

If the heater hoses are leaking, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose the overheating issue and replace any hoses as needed.

3. Does blocking heater horses causes overheating?