Q: Do the shop had to drive your car for 40 miles straight after reset the service engine soon light?

Do the shop have to drive your car for 40 miles straight after they reset the service engine soon light? Or is that some I can do myself?

If you were having a problem diagnosed the mechanic may have to do an extended test drive to verify the problem and after the repair and clearing of codes the vehicle will need a road test to clear the engine monitors so it can clear emissions if needed.

• Do the shop had to drive your car for 40 miles straight after reset the service engine soon light?