Q: Do i really need to replace the ignition coil?

asked by on August 20, 2016

I tried to consult a mechanic for my car stalling frequently. He concluded that my car needs a ignition coil replacement due to low voltage being received in my spark plug. My question is do i really need to replace the coil or should i replace first the distributor cap, high tension wire and spark plug?What if the coil is okay and the reason of stalling are only the distributor car, wire and plug?

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are ways to test the output of the coil before it reaches the distributor cap.

Usually, if there is a problem with a spark plug wire, spark plug, or distributor cap, the problem is consistent. Those parts can be visually inspected and conclusively tested.

The coil affects all cylinders. It can be inconsistent with its output. Conditions like temperature and humidity can affect its performance.

The only way to test a coil is in person. I would recommend an inspection of your stalling condition by a qualified mechanic.