Q: Do all xtronic transmissions have a shudder when accelerating

I purchased a used Nissan Pathfinder. I noticed a "shudder" when I test drove it. I asked why this might be, and was told it was probably because the car had been sitting. It does it every time you take off from a stop, and it's noticeable enough that people have asked what is wrong with it. I took it back to the dealer, and they said they don't notice any issue. Then I was told that all Nissans have this "shudder", due to the way the new transmissions are made. Is this true?

A: The transmission shudder is very common of ...

The transmission shudder is very common of a problem but is not normal and the transmission control module may be in need of reprogramming as per a technical bulletin NTB15-014B dated 4/5/2016. This is a recent TSB and may not of been known yet to the person that told you it was normal since the manufacturer did not have a fix yet. Have a dealer perform this TSB for you.