Q: Diesel pedal sensor

hi there, just a quick question, how does a diesel pedal sensor work / operate? thanks
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Assuming you are referring to the accelerat...

Assuming you are referring to the accelerator pedal sensor, this is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the pedal. The ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor based upon these inputs from your foot on the gas pedal. As you press down further, it supplies more fuel and as you let up, it supplies less fuel.