Q: Dashboard is working partially

The dashboard in my car is working only partially. Many lights stopped working. I tried to fix it by replacing the fuses in the fuse box but to no avail. The dash also gets very hot after an extended period of driving. I'm in fear that some connections under it have melted. The lights that still work include the check engine light, the cruise control light and the blinker light. The check engine light is illuminated all the time. The left blinker light is on all the time during the night and not even one gauge works but there is a beep when I push the button. This is very annoying because I have no info about the mileage, speed, fuel level etc. What could be the problem?

Hey there. It sounds like it is having serious wiring issues. It is quite possible that one or more wires shorted. This is a potentially dangerous situation, and should be inspected immediately before getting back on the road. If you would like to have this looked at, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect the electrical system and come up with the appropriate repairs.