Q: Dash lights won't work.

Bought the truck last October original owner took out old stereo put a new one in. The wires were just in there, all the wires that were attached to each other I put electrical tape on about a month ago the radio kept coming in and out I disconnected the radio the dash was brighter now the voltmeter the gas gauge end the dash light wont come on when I turn the dash on you can see it's trying to turn on with little light I don't know how to fix it and I believe it's all in the wiring

Hi there. Check for a loose ground wire within the dash. The radio wires could have been tied into the dash lights for lighting and not on its own circuit making the connection unstable. Check the wiring on the radio for the lighting system and make sure that the wires are not loose or burned. If you need further assistance with the dash lights not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Dash lights won't work.