Q: Cylinder lock turns, but nothing happens

The cylinder lock turns, but nothing happens. When turning the key, no sounds can be heard.

A: The ignition key cylinder turns a mechanism...

The ignition key cylinder turns a mechanism in the steering column normally. If this mechanism breaks, then the ignition key cylinder will not turn the ignition switch. The steering column covers will need to be removed to find the broken linkage, and then a repair part could be ordered and a repair can be done. I recommend having a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your ignition system, and recommend the best path to repair.