Q: AC blower motor not working

The AC blower motor doesn't work. I replaced the AC On relay. The dash AC switch engages the compressor, but the blower motor does not come on.

A: A vehicles A/C system and the vent system a...

A vehicles A/C system and the vent system are two separate systems that work together. The blower is simply a fan that is controlled by the speed switch on the dash. The voltage from the switch is routed to a set of resistors that regulate the voltage. The more voltage the motor gets, the faster it goes. If the resistor pack burns out, the motor will not work. It is possible that only some of the resistors burn out. If this is the case, the blower will operate on low on some fans but not on the others. The high level usually does not go through a resistor. This means that if the blower doesn’t work on high either, it is probably not the resistors. In this case the blower might be faulty. Consider seeking help from a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you diagnose your A/C issue and suggest an appropriate repair.