Q: CV axle

Well this is on my wife's car it's a 2004 Chevy cavalier the Cv axle went out and it had a bad Cv axle seal I replaced the seal and the Cv axle now it make a winning noise the speedometer isn't working and the transmission isn't shifting.when I took the old Cv axle and seal out it drained all the transmission fluid out.it calls for 6.9 quarts but I only put 5 quarts in I don't know what the hell is wrong or if I did anything wrong?

Hello. There are a few possible issues going on here. First thing is that when you reinstalled the axle, you may have damaged the speed sensor or you may have caused internal transmission damage. Hopefully this did not occur.

I would start with the fluid. When you pull this axle, you are only going to lose a couple of quarts of fluid at the most. If you added too much, then this can occur. You may want to drain the fluid by removing the pan and then refilling it properly. If that does not help, then the axle may have damaged the transmission so it will need to be removed and inspected. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to inspect the suspension and shifting issue in order to have this corrected.