Q: crank but not start

engine suddenly died during driving all fuses, relay checked OK. fuel pump driver module replaced. tank removed and before i replace the pump i connected it directly to the battery and works. Now do i have weak pump must be replaced? Thanks for reply

Hello, thank you for writing in. When it comes to vehicles that crank but do not start, there are several tests that can be done. There are a few that need to be done first before you should progress to more complex possibilities. In regards to the fuel system, you should install an in-line fuel gauge at the engine and test the available fuel pressure. If the pressure is below specification, then you should replace the pump. If the fuel pressure tests within spec, then you will want to turn to the spark plugs. Test for spark using a spark tester. There are other ways to test for spark but this is the safest. If you do have spark, then you you need to turn your attention to certain sensors that can effect start up. If you do not have spark, then you want to look into the ignition coil and system. Typically you start by testing for spark first, but considering the point at which you are at testing for fuel may work better for you.

3. crank but not start