Q: Cooling system issue

My father has replaced the radiator ( it had a Crack in the bottom), the water pump, serpentine belt, thermostat 4 yes now, and regulator valve. He has checked everything a couple times now. Theres no crack in the head neither.For some reason, it will sit there in idle and not over heat, but soon as he starts driving it, it gets overheated and leaks out. Only thing that comes out the valve is air though. We don't know what to look for or try since he has done everything. I'd appreciate any helpful tips or other ideas of what it could be. Thank you for your time

Hi there:

It’s very common on many GM vehicles for air bubbles to be created when servicing the coolant system. If the coolant system is not primed or "bled" correctly, it will overheat quickly when you drive. There is a good video on YouTube.com that shows how to complete this process for a GM V6,

3. Cooling system issue