Q: Coolant flush

My heat isnt working right in my car. The suggest fix was to flush the heater core. I also need to flush my radiator. If i flush the radiator, will it also flush the heater core in the process? Or will the water not end up there?

A cooling system flush will extend to the heater core. Although no cabin heat can be caused by blocked cooling system passageways there are many "as likely" causes of the no heat condition. Consequently, the most efficient approach is to methodically diagnosis the problem and then only do those operations that are really necessary. That saves money, too. Other common causes of no cabin heat include stuck open engine cooling thermostat, malfunctioning blend door(s) (part of the in-dash ventilation network), a faulty or stuck heater control valve, collapsed hoses, trapped air and low coolant level. The cost to resolve the problem depends on which of the foregoing faults is the cause. If you desire a diagnostic to determine exactly why there is no cabin heat, please request a non functioning cabin heater diagnostic and the responding mechanic will come right to your location and get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.