Q: Computer reads accelerator pedal sensor when it has already been replaced.

The transmission was having problems shifting up & down. I added a small amount of transmission fluid. It threw an engine light on. the following day not one issue, engine light turned off. Next day it began acting up again after it had been on the road for about 15 minutes, engine light back on. Mechsnic replaced oil sending unit sensor. 30 minutes later it breaks down & needs jumped. It made it home only running above 2500 RPMS. The following day it went back to the same mechanic. Not one issue on the way there. Mechanic tells me he is "confident" he found the problem and shows me a cracked crank shaft sensor that he replaced. Not even 10 minutes & it starts acting up. Dying this time. FOOT to floor and it limped off the road. Towed it home. Computer reads accelator pedal. Found one at junk yard bc it's backordered with mopar and it still reads the same thing. Is it possible to have received a bad pedal from a junk yard? Or another sensor possibly?

Hello. It is possible that you received a bad pedal assembly because this is a common failure on this vehicle. Most of the time, though, the issue is not in the pedal assembly but it is in the throttle body. The throttle body fails and causes the vehicle to throw a code for the accelerator pedal.

There are also common issues with the connections at both the throttle body and the pedal assembly. I always check the connections first and monitor the signals with a scan tool. From my experience with this vehicle, though, the issue is usually the throttle body. If you want to have this throttle issue looked at, consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your home or office to determine why the Check Engine Light is on and if the throttle body needs to be replaced.

• Computer reads accelerator pedal sensor when it has already been replaced.