Q: Code says Lean bank 1 and 2

Code is lean bank 1 and 2 and the first time I start it of the day it sputters for about 5 seconds and the rest of the day it starts fine but you can smell a fuel smell

A: Hi there. It sounds like there could either...

Hi there. It sounds like there could either be an air leak or sticking O2 sensors. I have personally seen O2 sensors that become stuck lean/rich and create a host of problems with the air/fuel mixture readings; I've also seen low fuel pressure do similar things. The stored codes lead us to the air/fuel system and all that's left is using the data, freeze frame and current, to determine where the fault is occurring. This would involve active tests being performed with a scan tool while monitoring the output data, testing the O2 sensors, testing the fuel pressure, and checking for possible vacuum leaks/restricted injectors. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection.