Q: Code reading p0010 camshaft changed that having same problem car starts but don't stay running sometimes can it be sensors solend

asked by on October 13, 2016

Car drives great for the most part but sometimes I start it and it won't stay running check engine light on code reading p0010 camshft which I replaced it can it be Senors or selonids please help!

A p0010 fault code does show that there is a problem with the camshaft actuator valve control circuit. This code is set when the computer is commanding a certain position for the actuator on the camshaft, but it is not being actuated to the correct position. Keep in mind that, even though the system is electrically monitored, the actual position of the camshaft is controlled by oil pressure. So, there could be a problem with a sensor, a wiring issue, a control module problem, a failed/clogged solenoid, or even a clogged oil passage that feeds the pressure needed to control the system. If you need help looking into these issues further, YourMechanic offers a repair and diagnosis service preformed by a certified mechanic that will commute to your location to inspect the trouble code to see what would need replacing.