Q: Code P0106 indicates the Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor is out of range or performance problem

I want to no if this is serious . The engine came on and I had auto zone do a scan . The light has came on and off since July of this year. Now it has been on for a week. I have no trouble starting or other symptoms. Is this expensive to repair ?

Hello. There are several faults or issues that will cause the MAP sensor to trigger the check engine light. In order to know how serious the issue is, you will need to find out what about the MAP sensor is causing the irregular voltage. Common issue are a cracked sensor housing, a bad sensor, poor wiring, a bad conenction, poor engine performance, and a sudden drop in pressure (elevation change). Since the vehicle is said to be running well, the issue is likely related to a bad sensor, a bad wire, or a poor connection. Either way, without the proper inputs from the sensor, the computer cant run the engine optimally. This is the eye main reason you should find the cause of the warning light and replace the MAP sensor if necessary.

3. Code P0106 indicates the Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor is out of range or performance problem